Thursday 11 July 2024

DAYS 26-28 (9-11 July 2024) TERRANESIA INTERMISSION IN SYDNEY AUSTRALIA.

This is the first trip I have ever done where Sydney is a short two night stopover, making it the first ever LIVE INTERMISSION of a Golfco Pictures Production…

 

I woke at 530am in Rarotonga and David was waiting to take me to Avarua Airport in the dark. The airport internet was strong enough for me to post Days 22-25 being my last post of The Cook Islands.

 

The flight home was on a new Jetstar A321neo, a very high tech version of the standard A321 with revised wings, brand new fuel efficient engines and mostly carbon-fibre construction to reduce weight and save fuel. I have been on a few neos overseas and they are very comfortable. The flight took 7hrs due to a tail wind and I watched two of my own movies on the way since the on-board entertainment system was not working – brand new aircraft – we can put men on the moon but not build in an in-flight entertainment system that works !!!

 

I slept in my unit on the nights of 10JUL and 11JUL as if it were a hotel – not unpacking – just washing a few clothes and then off again on 12JUL for Part 2 of Terranesia, visiting Wallis & Futuna followed by American Samoa. It was actually cheaper and faster to journey from Cook Islands to Wallis & Futuna via Sydney since the only way to get to Wallis & Futuna is via Nadi and the only flights from Cook Islands to Nadi go via Sydney or Auckland and Sydney is much cheaper (save on airfares and accommodation).

 

On the night of 12JUL I held an INTERMISSION DINNER at Hotel Bondi attended by my brother Nick, his daughter Orlanda, cousin Joanne and close friends Nick, Leo, Brett and his daughter Allegra. It was a terrific night with plenty of laughs and stories of my adventures during TERRANESIA PART 1. I slept like a baby that night in my own hotel bed and rose at 545am to catch my 630am Uber to the airport. Traffic in Sydney was bad and the airport was absolutely packed – so much for cost of living !!! Where are all these people, especially families, going when everyone is complaining about the price of milk !!! The airport was so crowded with that I struggled to connect to my own hot spot !!!

 

I shall cover my journey to Wallis Island via Nadi Fiji in my next post so see you back in the Pacific on Fri 12 July 2024 (Sydney Time) !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment